Thursday, December 28, 2006

On the (Snowy) Road


Headed for a winter storm, something I haven't experienced for two years. So I gave thanks for my four-wheel drive as i bid the palm trees in the Trader Joe's parking lot a sad farewell earlier this evening. But I'm excited. It's the next chapter and here I come. Really anxious about being offline for the next few days, though I have a feeling I'll be able to check email at motels, etc..Dave worried that I'll suffer withdrawal. I can't believe I've turned into one of those obnoxious people who can't deal without email access. But here I am.

Goodbye, California. It's been an intense, often difficult, yet rewarding and always surprising two years. Looking back though, I wouldn't have had it any other way, no matter the challenges.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wah, the west coast will miss you (i speak for the entire coast when i say that). have a fab first chapter. i hope the weather doesn't give you any lip. btw, otie is adorable.

Unknown said...

ps, i thought you and travel bud dave would enjoy this song. it's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgioRMIfdTw

it's an early genesis tune called STAGNATION. great theme, eh? video's not so good, but i love the song.

Jill said...

Thanks Michelle. First day was good, but cold! Can't believe it was 55 when we left Alameda and fourteen degrees here in Winnemucca.
Dave loves song--like a kid in a candy store w/youtube! He's a steve stills fan as well.