Saturday, December 23, 2006

Packing Procrastinator


Well, I've taken the first small step in the packing chaos. And that was getting all my boxes and packing material together in one place--in the corner of my living room where I can stare at it all. Not too productive. But it's a first step, right? So now I'm sitting here on my couch looking out at the pine tree and my peaceful street and feeling sentimental. Have I ever been so attached to an apartment before? Small as it is, I've been in love with this place since I've moved in. It just feels like me. Having my packing director and kick-ass motivator Dave arrive tomorrow night will get me into gear. We broke up seven years ago and remain best friends. And though he had to put up with some high drama back in the day, I've vowed to take it down a few notches, at least. He's good at calming me down and keeping it real, but I've vowed no drama during this move, even if it kills me.

OK, back to staring at boxes and maybe even doing something productive, like putting something in them!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow, really? Makes me feel better. Just love this apt. so much. Maybe partly b/c I fell in love there, w/Sacramento Steve, a total c-hartt god.